WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
We have the pleasure of working with a leading global automotive manufacturer who fully invests in their employees and who hold honesty, hard work and trust at the forefront of their corporate approach. We`re searching for a Zone Leader responsible for the production process on plant, including the management of Health & Safety, Personnel, Business Systems & visual standards with the specific zone allocated. Our client believes that promoting the personal and professional development of employees in future brings the fulfilment of business objectives. With a longevity of over 20 years in the automotive manufacturing industry, our client can offer a highly sustainable and progressive working environment.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- To supervise, organise and co-ordinate all operators to include Health & Safety, work deployment and discipline.
- Conduct start of shift brief to team.
- To promote and control best practice in house- keeping in all areas of the department.
- To complete all relevant health and safety documentation including SCAR forms and accident recording whilst continually assessing ways to reduce accidents.
- To ensure all guard sign offs are completed and recorded accordingly.
- onduct PPE audit on all shop floor personnel.
- To complete all Return to work documentation for all team members.
- To monitor attendance and record absence and lateness
- To ensure all training is up to date, liaising with the training department to discuss the development of team members and what is required.
- Monitor SOP and updates, ensuring all team members are adhering to SOP.
- To review and brief team members on all care point issues.
- To complete all record cards.
- Ensure all rework and scrap sheets have been completed and handed to shift manager.
- To ensure all first offs are completed correctly.
- Complete weekly PPE audit sheet and ensure it is submitted to shift manager.
- Monitor CAPTOR and ensure it is completed.
- Responsible for the efficiency of each section.
- Ensure SMED report is complete and adherence to plan
- Complete all close outs on SAP and ensure manuals complete all labels.
- Ensure performance sheets have been completed including scores and downtime reasons.
- To organise work patterns, overtime, holiday coverage, etc. in line with Company requirements
- To monitor section Key Performance Indicators and provide information for Departmental reporting.
- To promote improvement in people skills and environment
- To enforce ‘best practice’ in Health & Safety on all aspects of day-to-day working.
- To support the material flow processing on plant by ensuring SAP process is followed.
- To deputise for the shift manager in duties/tasks as identified
- Any other reasonable activity for which the individual is trained and able to undertake.
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- Able to demonstrate via aptitude testing, good written, reading & numerical skills – Essential (Candidates who are shortlisted will be asked to complete this short test online)
- IOSH Managing Safely - Desirable
- ILM Level 3 Qualification - Desirable
- Must have a confident approach to effectively deal with a variety of people within the business structure
- Good interpersonal and organisation skills, ability to pay close attention to detail.
- To have self-motivation, confident and be proactive attitude.
- Results driven, with the enthusiasm and resilience to see a job well done through effective ownership.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards change, with a willingness to be flexible and adapt to new circumstances.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Packages such as Outlook, Word & Excel with an ability to learn other IT Programmes such as CAPTOR & SAP
- Previous experience of managing teams is desirable.
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
This is a permanent role working a 3 shift system (days, backs & nights)
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
This position pays £11.22ph plus 15.6% shift allowance
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to our Engineering Manager Tony Hutchinson who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Tony on 0191 492 6622 or via email at [email protected]