WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
We have the pleasure of working with a leading global automotive manufacturer who fully invests in their employees and who hold honesty, hard work and trust at the forefront of their corporate approach. We`re searching for a Toolmaker responsible for Press Tool Maintenance /Repair and modification and Cold stamping.
Our client believes that promoting the personal and professional development of employees in future brings the fulfilment of business objectives. With a longevity of over 20 years in the automotive manufacturing industry, our client can offer a highly sustainable and progressive working environment.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- Carry out effective maintenance and repairs of press tools/ancillary equipment.
- Must complete all work within set timescales dictated by production/customer requirements.
- Undertaking tasks such as Blocking up, Manual milling / jig boring, AutoCAD, Manual Turning, Cylindrical Grinding, Diagnostics, "Fine" Fitting, Horizontal Grinding, Milling, Reverse Engineering, Faro Arm work, Punch Grinding, Surface Grinding, Welding, Blanking Diagnostics, Progression Diagnostics, Misfeed Detection, etc.
- Evaluate repairs to determine whether it can be conducted in Press or whether this must be removed to Toolroom for essential maintenance and repair work.
- Communicate effectively with team, shift leaders, facility maintenance and press operations to ensure all issues are resolved correctly and in a timely manner.
- Agree a repair plan with the shift supervisor and cascade through the 3 shift cycle with other team members.
- Must complete all work reports to an accurate and detailed level.
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- To have gained entry to an Apprenticeship Programme, 5 GCSE's at grade C or above. Must contain Maths, English and a Science.
- Apprentice trained with an engineering qualification.
- Manufacture/Maintenance and repair of Press Tooling, Injection moulding Tooling or similar
- Previously operated machinery and equipment in an engineering based role.
- Strong understanding of and attention to Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Knowledge of Press Tool Dismantling and Assembly, Mechanical problem solving, working to high tolerances
- Cold Stamping process knowledge from 60-1000ton
- Must have worked within a Toolroom or similar workshop protocol with associated equipment.
- Experience in Transfer and / or Progression Tooling is desirable
- Numerical Calculation
- Verbal Evaluation
- Mechanical Comprehension
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
This is a permanent role working a 3 shift system (days, backs & nights). The role is a 37 hour week with additional overtime opportunities.
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
This position pays £31,627 inclusive of shift allowance
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to our Engineering Manager Tony Hutchinson who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Tony on 0191 492 6622 or via email at [email protected]