WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
Would you like to work for an equal opportunities employer who offers excellent company benefits? This is your chance to join the team as a Thermal Research Engineer and receive such perks as tuition assistance, service awards, medical, dental & vision benefits, life insurance and an excellent tailored career development plan. Our client supports employee’s personal and professional needs, they believe that the way their employees achieve their goals is essential to the long-term sustainability of the business.
Westray Recruitment Consultants is working alongside a global leader who provides thermal management solutions to major electronics manufacturers. They provide solutions to such markets as telecommunications, medical, military, space and aerospace. After a recent acquisition, our client is now able to offer a wider and greater capacity including additional technology and manufacturing capabilities. With this in mind, they are looking to expand their team and employ a Thermal Research Engineer to join them at their site in Ashington.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- As a member of the Advanced Technologies Group you will be responsible for managing R&D programmes to develop next generation technologies for cooling of electronics
- You will carry out thermal & mechanical design and CFD analysis for commercial applications
- Ensure that good housekeeping prevails within area of control
- Suggest areas for improvement throughout the process of cooling
- To work with due regard to Health and Safety requirements
- You must be dedicated to progressing professionally with the business
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- PhD in Thermal Engineering or an MEng / MSc from an engineering discipline with a strong focus on thermal engineering (e.g. mechanical, chemical, materials, physics, etc.)
- An understanding of heat transfer and CFD is essential
- Highly numerate and computer literate
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- self-motivated, innovative, and enthusiastic
- Excellent technical writing capability
- Must be able to demonstrate high flexibility
- Must be adaptable and have ability to learn new technologies and techniques
- Accurate and diligent
- Ability to manage time, priorities and information efficiently
- A background in a manufacturing environment would be a benefit but candidates with experience of academic research will also be considered
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
You will be working day shift Monday to Friday and will work at the site based in Ashington.
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
You will receive a highly competitive salary, along with excellent company benefits, some of which include the following:
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- Pension plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vacation & holiday pay
- Employee referral program
- Life insurance, short & long-term disability & AD&D
- Career development
- Tuition assistance
- Strong ethics & safety programs
- Service awards
FANCY A CHAT?
Please get in touch with Katherine Rivett to find out more details about this role, she is contactable on 0191 492 6622 or at [email protected]