WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
Westray Recruitment Group is seeking a Solar Design Engineer specialising in the design of domestic, commercial and industrial solar power systems using AutoCAD and PVSol.
This is a cradle to the grave approach to design. Responsible for producing quotations, dealing with tenders, producing relevant design work, project managing works and aiding the procurement of materials.
This is a permanent role based in Washington, Tyne & Wear.
The organisation specialises in the design, supply and fitting of bespoke Solar PV and Battery Storage systems. They are created in close and friendly consultation with each customer.
The business prides itself on quality workmanship, with an after-care service committed to long-term customer satisfaction.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- Technical design for industrial, commercial and domestic solar PV systems using AutoCAD and PVSol (Producing and interpreting Cad drawings)
- Concept design for proposals, following up with detailed design drawings and specifications for installation teams, cable sizing, breaker sizing, LV Design
- Quoting for tenders, keeping quoting spreadsheet up to date with product prices
- Working closely with product manufacturers, suppliers and site engineers to facilitate in the transfer of relevant technical information required for a variety of installations.
- Quoting industrial, commercial and residential solar PV and thermal systems
- Project managing day-to-day tasks
- Coordination of system design, DNO engagement and procurement of materials.
- Performing initial system design checks and energy yield estimations for the sales team.
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- Must come directly from the solar industry
- Must have design experience using AutoCAD and PVSol
- Must be competent with 3D Modelling, arranging panels, working to differing voltages and have a developed understanding of batteries
- Must have a Commercial focus and be able to handle customer queries, account manage and provide technical advice & guidance
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
This is a permanent role from day one. Flexible working – Standard hours will usually be 8am – 4pm but some flexibility may be possible, for example we have some work 9am – 5pm etc.
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
- Circa £40K per annum
- Holidays – 21 days plus bank holidays
- Benefits – Standard pension
- Working hours – 40 hours per week
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to our Engineering Manager Tony Hutchinson who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Tony on 0191 492 6622 or via email at [email protected]