WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
Westray Recruitment Consultants has a brand-new role! We are seeking a talented and dynamic Shift Manager to work within a high volume, fast paced machine led production environment. This is a permanent role with a strong benefits package. With the ability to embrace new technologies, build strong & effective teams and show clear leadership towards set vision and goals, the successful Shift Manager will join an organisation making waves in their chosen field and striding towards manufacturing excellence.
Based in Tyne & Wear, the organisation is in search of candidates who can lead a team towards the achievement of production targets, who seek continuous improvement through innovation and is forward thinking to generate new ideas and approaches. The successful candidate will no doubt have a gift for leading by example and be skilled at developing team members as well as being proficient with modern lean manufacturing techniques.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- Managing a small yet skilled team towards the achievement of daily production targets and organisational objectives
- Ensuring safe production methods are adhered to at all times
- Developing Operatives and promoting a collaborative and communicative culture
- Managing return to works, appraisals, recruitment/selection, holiday planning and conducting low level grievance & disciplinary matters
- Ensuring Operators are fully trained, controlling training files, skills matrix’s, SOP’s and preparing detailed training plans.
- Embracing training and establishing a culture of development
- Liaising with engineers regarding breakdowns to minimise downtime
- Creating shift reports – analysing and trending production-based data
- Measuring and challenging performance to improve efficiency
- Preparing and running shift meetings
- Promoting a continuous improvement culture and helping develop modern lean techniques
- Ensuring products are produced to optimum levels of quality and ensuring thorough quality control checks are in place
- Managing HSE – ensuring cleanliness on shift, the correct PPE is worn and safe working practices are adhered to
- Ensuring all accidents/near misses are reported
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- Strong understanding of modern lean manufacturing techniques
- Have experience working within a fast paced, high volume manufacturing setting
- Experience implementing new initiatives
- Must have Shift Manager or solid Supervisory experience
- Good computer literacy of Excel and Outlook
- Previous machine operating/setting experience could prove advantageous
- Material handling experience could prove advantageous
- Proven ability to build strong and effective teams
- Drive and ambition – the ability to set clear goals/visions and display leadership
- Honesty, integrity, community spirit, collaborative mind set and an excellent communicator
- Experienced promoting a proactive, rather than reactive culture
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
This role is permanent position working full time hours (40 hours) Monday to Friday 8am – 4:30pm.
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
This role pays £32,844 per annum. 22 days holiday plus statutory, mini health care package, auto-enrolled pension and up to 14% of salary bonus
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to our Engineering Manager Tony Hutchinson who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Tony on 0191 492 6622 or via email at [email protected]