Westray Recruitment Consultants is looking for a Senior Test Engineer for an electronics manufacturer based in Newcastle. The role will be responsible for confirming products are correctly built and conform to test procedures. The successful candidate will hold a HND or HNC in Electronic Engineering and will have a strong background within an engineering/ manufacturing test environment
- Performing tests based on set procedures and make recommendations for improvement in the efficiency of testing.
- Liaise with engineering on new product introduction handover to ensure testing is to a production standard.
- Maintaining equipment used to interface product under test.
- Fault find down to component level.
- Provide technical support to team members and other departments.
- Produce procedures and provide training for operators and technicians in the safe use and maintenance of test equipment.
- Ensure all work carried out within required Health & Safety procedures.
- Support and develop new automatic test equipment to ensure that products meet specifications.
- Adhere to all quality standards.
- Actively follow the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, Procedures and safe systems of work, and be responsible for your own health and welfare, working with colleagues to ensure that the working environment is safe. This includes following instructions and actively participating in training and development to ensure compliance and best practice in this area.
- HNC/HND Electrical & Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in an engineering/manufacturing test environment with demanding output targets.
- The ability to fault find down to component level.
- An understanding of digital & analogue electronics.
- Experience using Microsoft products.
- The ability to communicate with staff at all levels.
- An understanding of power electronics (motor drives and inverters).
- It would be beneficial to have experience designing automated test equipment, new product introduction from engineering prototypes.
- Desirable knowledge of Software programming in .net VB, C# environment and C.
- Highly motivated, pursuing, good judgments and remain professional under pressure.
This is permanent position working day shift, with an early finish on a Friday.
The salary for this role is an industry competitive salary
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Katherine Rivett for more details on this position, she is available on 0191 492 6622 or at [email protected]