WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
Westray Recruitment Group is looking recruit a Senior Engineer on a permanent basis for our client based in Darlington. Working within a team of engineers and CAD technicians, carrying out and managing conceptual and detailed design of permanent and temporary structures and equipment, particularly related to heavy lifting and moving projects.
Attendance on site when required to assist in heavy lifting and moving operations. The Company`s principal focus is the design, manufacture and operation of specialist equipment and temporary works for the construction of bridges, buildings, offshore structures, refineries, power stations and industrial plants.
The business has particular expertise in the erection of long-span suspension and cable-stayed bridges and in the engineering for specialist modular construction including heavy lifting and skidding operations.
The organisation is a dynamic, technology-driven company who encourage their employees to interact, innovate and develop within a supportive, close-knit environment.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- Conceptual and detailed design of permanent and temporary structures, particularly in steel.
- Erection engineering.
- Conceptual and detailed design of specialist equipment, particularly related to heavy lifting and moving projects.
- Static and dynamic analyses of structures using structural analysis (FEA) computer programs.
- Preparation of detailed calculations using computer program Excel.
- Preparation of sketches and drawings using computer program AutoCAD.
- Development of standard spreadsheet solutions suitable for use with Excel.
- Assist in the management of the design office and lead other members of the team.
- Attendance on site when required to assist in heavy lifting and moving operations.
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- Chartered engineer, or in final stages of achieving chartered status (MICE or MIStructE).
- 5 to 8 years post graduate experience.
- Experience in analysis and design of structures, particularly in steel.
- Experience in the use of finite element analysis computer programs.
- Experience in the use of computer drafting programs (AutoCAD).
- Good general IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail systems).
- Good presentation and communications skills.
- Relevant site experience.
- Experience in design of temporary works, particularly related to heavy lifting and moving projects.
- Experience in the design of hydraulic equipment.
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
- This is a permanent contract working day shift hours, usually 7:45am - 4:15pm Monday to Thursday and 7:45am -12:45pm Friday.
- The client will also provide a degree of flexibility with this.
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
- The position pays circa £40K per annum.
- The role comes with 23 days holiday plus statutory as standard rising to 24 days holiday after 3 years service and 25 days holiday following 5 years service.
- The role also comes with a matched pension scheme.
- There is also a £5K car allowance associated with this role, additional to the salary.
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to our Consultant David Inkles who is leading the search.
Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with David on 0191 492 6622 or via email at [email protected]