Westray Recruitment Consultants have the pleasure of working alongside a leading engineering solutions provider to source a Quality Engineer. As part of the Quality team, the Quality Engineer will ensure that all products and services meet customer requirements by monitoring defined processes and systems.
- Carry out internal and external Quality Audits and prepare reports
- Complete review of non-compliances to procedures, quality lapses and customer complaints, investigating problems and aiding resolution
- Generation & Management of Integrated Management System (IMS) and business systems documentation
- Compile and maintain a project Quality Plan in accordance with ISO 10005 / 10006
- Report to the Quality Manager and complete quality awareness training for employees
- Produce regular Quality status reports to project management
- Carry out Quality reviews, in-works, at customer sites and at suppliers
- Represent the company on quality matters at meetings both in the UK and overseas
- Liaises at all levels internally to carry out inspection and testing; Department manager level for Audits. Director Level for QMS Documentation; Director & Departmental Manager level for business systems documentation
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Trained Auditor, trained in use of Quality Tools
- Comprehensive/detailed knowledge and understanding of products and processes for Electronic manufacturing - minimum 2-3 years (manufacturing or design)
- Awareness of quality – should have worked in a Quality Environment for a minimum of 3 years or have good understanding of current Company systems and their application.
- Must be computer literate (word processing, spreadsheets, drawings/graphics and databases)
- Knowledge / Use of Q-Pulse, Quality Plans (ISO 10005/10006)
- First Article Inspections and Reports PFMEA, PPAP
- Knowledge of Rail Industry and/or MOD environment preferred
This is a permanent position working days, which requires 37.5 working hours per week.
This position is offering a salary between £28,000 and £33,000, benefits include a company pension and a flexitime system.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Joe Rowan for more information on this position. Please call 0191 492 6622.