WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
Westray Recruitment Group is seeking a Projects Manager with a proven ability to delivering IT software projects.
The role involves scheduling, resourcing, budgeting, financial planning and delivering works to agreed deadlines.
The role requires not only a strong knowledge of software delivery, but also a person who is able to manage customer expectations, chair project delivery and ensure everything runs to agreed deadlines & budgets.
The organisation produces products and solutions for Power Utilities internationally.
It’s products and solutions are primarily focused on renewable integration, smart grid applications, substation automation and distribution automation and include, Active Network Management solutions, Control solutions, RTUs, Protection, Metering and Communications. The business is a market leader in the integration of renewable energy. It’s an innovative company with a reputation for delivering reliable products and solutions.
This is a permanent role and the work is based in the Tyne & Wear area.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
The Projects Manager will be responsible for managing customer projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget and scope in line with company goals and objectives.
- Current projects are technical automation projects and vary from simple delivery projects to complex IT/software/hardware development projects and vary in duration from several months to several years.
- Pro-actively manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Maintain clarity on the project scope and deadlines and drive the implementation accordingly
- Plan and manage project resources and schedules
- Manage 3rd party suppliers (software development, hardware supply, panel manufacture)
- Manage project budget, costs and billing
- Manage project scope and change management
- Represent the company’s interests
- Monitor progress using simple KPIs including milestones and deliverables
- Track, manage and report on progress, problems and solutions
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously at various stages of execution
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Pro-actively manage risks and contingency plans
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- Proven ability to deliver IT software projects
- It would be beneficial to have experience of Jira, service Desk and an AWS Environment (not essential)
- A qualification in project management or equivalent with several years of relevant, broad engineering experience, and management / leadership experience
- A proven project manager with a track record in managing IT/technical / automation projects
- The candidate should have an engineering background biased towards computer science
- It is desirable if the candidate has a background in Power Utility automation or process automation.
- Experience in managing multiple concurrent projects
- A results-driven individual with determination to deliver whilst maintaining professional and technical standards.
- Someone with good business judgment capable of defining priorities and solutions in accordance with the business and customer needs
- An organizer with focus on processes and people management to guarantee on-time completion within budget.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commercial awareness
- Teamworking skills
- Negotiation & diplomacy
- Ability to motivate people
- Management and leadership skills
- Ability to handle many varied activities.
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
This is a permanent role from day one.
The roles centres on day shift hours.
There is minimal travel associated with this role.
The role comes with 25 days holiday plus statutory and 5% matched pension
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
Circa £55K per annum
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to our Engineering Manager Tony Hutchinson who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Tony on 0191 492 6622 or via email at [email protected]