WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Westray Recruitment Consultants is searching for a talented and ambitious Project Engineer to work day shift in Newcastle. This role will involve the design, development, build, testing and verification of various products/equipment. This position has come about due to rapid growth and consistent expansion for an impressive 65 years.
WHERE YOU WILL BE WORKING
We have the pleasure of representing an innovative and reputable rail and defence solutions manufacturer. Our client is at the forefront of technical innovation and has always been a leader in their field. This is an opportune time to join the business as our client is constantly expanding and is securing new contracts to ensure work is solidified for the next 5-10 years.
The role offers an excellent opportunity to progress and develop in a professional capacity, our client identifies strengths and invests in enhancing and growing potential. They hold mutual respect, trust and honesty as a core company value, therefore making this manufacturer a truly great place to work.
WHAT YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL CONSIST OF…
- Delivering solutions to challenging, technical programmes as a member of a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Get involved with the design, development, build, testing and verification of various products/equipment, as required across the organisation.
- Create a variety of technical documentation for both technical and non-technical leadership.
- Responsible for all Engineering delivery on a contract.
- Working closely with Project management, Development Engineering, Production and the Product Manager to ensure the solutions meet the Engineering requirements of the customer and the company.
- Acting as customers’ representative on site and the voice of Engineering to the customer.
- Such other duties as the Company may from time to time reasonably require.
- Support and assist the Senior Project Engineer as and when required.
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS YOU WILL HAVE
- HND/Degree qualified in an appropriate discipline OR extensive, relevant and demonstrable experience
- You will have worked in a technical organisation, typically a manufacturer
- Experience of requirements documentation, documentation control and signoff
- Experience of working with the customer to ensure the correct technical solution is reached
- Experience of project delivery, from an engineering perspective
- Experience in ensuring technical guidelines and standards are adhered to
- Experience in dealing with technical contracts, specifications and CDRL’s
- Understand the requirements for testing
- Analytical and systematic individual
- Desire to investigate and utilise new technologies and methods
- Ability to adapt skills in a dynamic environment
- A team player, able and willing to support others
- Ability to work on single-person projects and tasks
- Good inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation and externally
- Customer and result-focussed
WHAT HOURS YOU WILL WORK
This role is a permanent position working day shift at the client site based in Newcastle.
WHAT SALARY AND BENEFITS YOU WILL RECEIVE
This role is offering a salary of £35,000 to £40,000 along with good company benefits.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
As our client are constantly harnessing industry data and emerging technologies, they are always investing in their employees to achieve their full potential, therefore career progression and development opportunities are at the forefront. If you show the willing and the want to enhance your skills, then they will give you the resources and the opportunities to do so.
FANCY A CHAT?
Please get in touch withTony Hutchinson for more details about this role, he is contactable on 0191 492 6622, or at [email protected]