WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
Westray Recruitment Group is looking to recruit an experienced Production Shift Manager to work for our client in the Tyne & Wear area. The successful candidate will likely be from a high-volume manufacturing background and be skilled at leading teams towards the achievement of production targets. This is a permanent role, consisting of day shift hours, with a strong salary and wider benefits package.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- Managing 20+ reports within a fast paced, high volume production setting
- Performing work allocation and leading the team towards the achievement of targets
- Delivering H&S, 5S and ensuring safe working practices
- Sphere heading and implementing continuous improvement and lean manufacturing techniques
- Devising and implementing the production strategy – noting planning through to final finishing delivery
- Performing trending and analysis work to interpret date in order to justify production strategies
- Ensure overall production quality in all aspects of manufacturing
- Be proactive, a driver of change, an implementor and deliver organisation within production
- Manage teams and promote a collaborative culture and deliver operational excellence
- Lead by example to govern rules and regulations
- Work with the team to run appraisals, return to works, recruit, drive people towards targets, ensure staff welfare & wellbeing, document accidents, manage holidays & absence, promote 5 S, deliver quality, train & develop staff and ensure succession planning
- Liaise with maintenance teams to schedule maintenance in accordance with production
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- Strong background working within Production as a Production Shift Manager/Senior Production Supervisor
- Proven ability working with continuous improvement/lean manufacturing techniques
- Strong ability to manage People, Quality, HSE and Production
- Experience building strong & effective teams, driving action, setting goals and vision and being a leader
- Experienced working within a proactive culture willing to establish and promote change
- Candidates with a background in the following sectors will be preferred Machine Shop, High Volume Manufacturing and Automotive background
- UK travel will be required
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
This is a permanent role working a 40-hour week. The position is day shift Monday to Friday 8am to 4:30pm. The role will require occasional out of hours and weekend working.
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
This role pays circa £34K per annum, including a premium to cover out of hours contact.
The role also comes with additional benefits including:
- 22 days holiday plus statutory
- Mini healthcare package
- Pension in line with government regulations
- Annual profit related bonus (up to 14% of salary)
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to our Engineering Manager Tony Hutchinson who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Tony on 0191 492 6622 or via email at [email protected]