A world renowned Global Manufacturer of automotive components is looking to recruit a Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician to join their team on a permanent basis in Newton Aycliffe. The Maintenance Technician will ideally have a background in the automotive or high volume manufacturing environment, and will be competent in delivering planned maintenance and be reactive responding to breakdowns.
- Responsible for the maintenance of assembly areas.
- Carry out fault finding activities and undertake timely repair of equipment within the Robotics, PLC’s, Electrical Control Systems, Hydraulics and Pneumatics areas.
- Undertake planned preventative maintenance activities on automated production facilities.
- Carry out programming, fault diagnosis, servicing and repair of Motoman robots, rotary positioners and MIG spot welding equipment.
- Prepare technical reports to analyse breakdown causes and make recommendations on countermeasures.
- Support equipment commissioning and installation projects.
- Ensure strict adherence to safe working practices and observe safety rules at all times.
- Must have served a recognised Maintenance apprenticeship preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Educated to at least ONC level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline, preferably on a multi skilled basis.
- Have multi-skilled maintenance experience (electrical biased) with automated robotic facilities with specific experience in PLC fault finding and/or programming.
- Have experience in welding technology and if possible the maintenance of welding equipment.
- Possess a good mechanical knowledge of CNC and other special purpose machines, including pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Able to produce technical reports with good working knowledge of maintenance systems.
- Good working knowledge of Risk Assessment andsafe cell entry.
- A good user of Microsoft Office and Pirana systems.
- A knowledge of Quality Management systems and process would be highly beneficial.
- Flexible, team orientated and self-motivated approach to work.
This role is offering a highly competitive salary package.
The role is permanent position which will involve a 3 shift pattern, (6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, 10pm-6am), please note in periods of peak production there may be continental shift patterns introduced.
THE POINT OF CONTACT
For more information on this role please contact Tony Hutchinson.