Westray Recruitment Consultants is working with a leading provider of pharmaceutical development and manufacturing solutions to source Mechanical Engineer. This is a great opportunity to join a highly-qualified, energetic and experiencedteam and being a long lasting career. With 50 years’ experience and demonstrated performance in serving the pharmaceutical industry, our client offers world class capabilities and holds technology and innovation at the heart of their delivery.
This is your chance to join a very well established expert in their field and join an organisation whose average length of employee service is 16 years! Apply now to register your interest.
As Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for carrying out maintenance work on site and for providing first hand technical diagnosis, you will also get involved in the following duties:
- As a SAP user the job holder will be required to carry out assigned SAP transactions in an accurate and timely manner
- Carryout daily planning, organising and co-ordination of the work and resources of the site maintenance teams and contract resources according to the work requests and priorities.
- Provide technical support and guidance for the maintenance team.
- Organise inspections and monitoring of services plant and ensure areas are maintained in clean and tidy condition
- Ensure that systems and procedures are fully enforced
- Monitor operational performance and effectiveness and review operational systems, methods of working, resource utilisation, maintenance and equipment care programmes identifying improvements to the relevant Engineering Manager and implementing as appropriate.
- Develop and implement systems and procedures in his/her area of responsibility to improve operational performance and compliance.
- Assist the Compliance Engineer to manage site PSSR, vessel inspection visits and maintain written schemes and documentation records.
- Assists with management of maintenance and inspections in Hazardous Areas to ensure compliance with relevant standards and codes of practice in his/her area of responsibility
- Prepare management reports as required
- Arrange procurement of materials and services
To be successful in the role of Mechanical Engineer, you will have the following requirements/experience:
- Thorough understanding of engineering standards and practices
- ONC or NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience preferably in the Chemical Industry
- Thorough knowledge of pharma process equipment, clean room environments, hazardous areas and process utilities.
- Knowledge of Steam generation, CHP, N2 generation, fire water distribution, compressed air distribution and utilities plant an advantage.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Mature approach to work
The Mechanical Engineer is a permanent position based in Cramlington working day shift. Our client highly invests in their employees and supports their growth within the business, this opportunity offers excellent career and development prospects.
This role is paying between £35,000 - £40,000 along with a company pension scheme and 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to our Engineering Consultant Joe Rowan who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Joe on 0191 492 6622 or via email at [email protected]