Westray Recruitment Consultants is working with a National Fertiliser Manufacturer to source a Fabrication and Mechanical Maintenance Engineer. The company is committed to developing innovative and technologically enhanced products and services. This role is a key engineering position for general and projects activities within the Operations management team providing ‘hands on’ support to the company locations.
Although based within the Middlesbrough area, this position will incur heavy travel commitments. This is essentially a field based role so applicants must understand that the position incorporates travel dependency and regular multiple overnight stays. This role covers the UK and Scotland.
- Report directly to the Projects & Engineering Manager operating nationally to all 12 sites.
- Maintain and install hoppers, conveyors, mixers, elevator/winch systems, weighing machines, batching machines and mobile plant equipment.
- Deliver essential maintenance to gear boxes, drive drums, chains, bearings, compressed air systems and belts etc.
- The ability to fabricate structures is a must – incorporating marking out, welding, burning, grinding, fitting, assembling, installing and producing build kits, etc
- Carry out routine inspections & maintenance of site fixed machinery.
- Manage sub-contractors and on-site projects.
- Carry out diagnosis and repair of fixed machinery faults and also repair/ maintenance/ inspection of site mobile equipment.
- Check site adherence to company maintenance standards.
- Provide on-site engineering assistance as required to ensure plant production is maintained.
- Carry out equipment modifications (specified & developed).
- Proficient in the use of welding equipment such as TIG and Arc – mild steel and stainless steel fabric in the main.
- Fabrication / design of plant, including assembly of structural metal, such as framework for machinery including conveyers, steel tanks / silos and infrastructure repairs.
- Complete relevant documentation and reports in regards above elements.
- Assist in the design, development and modification of new and current site equipment.
- Support the Projects & Engineering Manager on any site projects and provision of progress updates.
- Prioritise workload within agreed schedules maintaining projects on-time and within budget.
- Cost effective sourcing of required materials and services.
- Maintain the company HSE policies.
- Provide support to site management in increasing employee competency on plant servicing.
- Nationally recognised mechanical engineering qualification to City & Guilds/BTEC in an engineering discipline.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Prior experience of bulk handling equipment (Hoppers, conveyers & elevators).
- Strong experience working in a maintenance support role.
- Supervisory management experience.
- Understanding of basic electrics.
- A good understanding of the requirements of health & Safety.
- Must be physically able to work at height and potentially in confined space.
- One of the following licences would be desirabl; Fork lift licence; Loading Shovel licence; MEWP licence.
- Happily willing to travel during weekdays and at short notice.
- Ability to work independently and able to work within a team.
- IT literate (Word, Excel).
- Self-motivated, organisational skills and good time management.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
This is a permanent full-time position.
Competitive salary plus contributory pension, 25 days plus stat, free travel costs, additional subsistence, health cover and Van, tools & equipment supplied.
POINT OF CONTACT
The point of contact for this role is Joe Rowan, he can be contacted on 0191 492 6622.