Westray Recruitment Consultants is looking to recruit an Electrically Biased Maintenance Technician to work within a high volume manufacturer based in Tyne & Wear. This is a permanent role from day one and involves working an initial 2 shift system but could transfer to a 3 shift system 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am rotating. Ideal for this role would be a candidate who holds 17th Edition regulations.
- Providing planned maintenance activities within a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Repairing and maintaining a host of semi-automated and automated machinery.
- The ability to work with PLC`s and deliver fault finding activities.
- To deliver a wide variety of electrical duties including cabling & wiring, fault finding and improvements.
- To showcase a high degree of multi-skilling and be comfortable delivering mechanical duties.
- To systematically establish the cause of failure in equipment.
- To identify root causes wherever possible and communicate with relevant personnel.
- Maintaining a safe and tidy working environment.
- Ensuring health & safety regulations are followed.
- Completing the actions arising from root causes.
- There will also be an on-call element to this role.
- Must have served a recognised electrical apprenticeship.
- Hold 17th Edition.
- Experience working with flow wrap machinery
- Be able to work at pace within a high volume production role.
- Must be flexible, self-motivated, and be able to investigate, troubleshoot, locate and repair faults.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, independently and as part of a team.
This is a permanent position working an initial 2 shift pattern 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm rotating. In periods of peak production this could transfer to 3 shifts including 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am
The salary for this role is paying circa £35K per annum.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please apply for this position and your CV will go directly to our Engineering Manager, Tony Hutchinson who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Tony on 0191 492 6622 or via email at [email protected]