WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
If you are a Time Served Electrical Technician who has experience delivering maintenance within a heavy plant setting or high volume manufacturing environment and you are able to work continental shifts, Westray Recruitment Consultants wants to hear from you today! In exchange for your services, we have the utmost pleasure to present to you an opportunity to work for an established, growing and market leader in their field of expertise who place people as the very essence of their business. What’s more, the position offers a permanent contract from day one, excellent earning potential and opportunities for future development.
The company’s mission statement is: Collaboration & Communication, Community Spirit, Excellence, Honesty & Integrity and People at the Heart.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
As Electrical Technician, your responsibilities / duties involve the following:
- Attending reactive breakdowns and also delivering planned maintenance initiatives
- Delivering fault finding and repair
- Providing electrical services throughout the whole organisation from repairing specialist machinery to undertaking facilities work
- Optimising the manufacturing processes - improving efficiencies, reducing wastage, enhancing yield and reducing cost
- Experience working on Motors, control systems, PLCs, plant facilities
- Plan, execute preventative maintenance
- Able to fault find and repair large complex pieces of electrical equipment
- Respond to breakdowns during production running hours
- Complete reactive maintenance to cover from assets failures
- Create retrofits and fabrication
- Complete asset tear down and repair
- Work with team members and operators to ensure the daily efficiency target is met
- Strengthen the maintenance department with core skills
- Ability to coach operators and peers on basic maintenance
- Willing to develop within the team and share knowledge and experience
- Ensure that equipment in your charge is operated in accordance with safe working procedures
- Comply with all H&S requirements
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are reported and assist in the investigation where necessary
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
As Electrical Technician, you will have the following experience and skills:
- Experience in Electrical Maintenance with recognised Electrical Apprenticeship
- Educated to ONC/HNC equivalents
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills and be self-motivated in performance of duties with limited supervision
- Identifying production problems / deficiencies and be able to use a methodical approach to solve these.
- Experience in modern manufacturing techniques
- Experience in a culture that has moved from reactive to proactive
- Experience as a multi-skilled maintenance technician
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
This is a full time, permanent position, working a standard 42 hour week. The shift pattern is a version of continental shifts system (12 hours)
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
For the Electrical Technician, including shift allowance, this position pays £36,836.76 per annum. Aside this, there is also a small weekly production bonus, contributory pension scheme and 22 days plus statutory holiday entitlement. Any overtime will also be paid additional to the salary.
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to our Engineering Manager Tony Hutchinson who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Tony on 0191 492 6622 or via email at [email protected]