WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
Are you suffering from a poor work life balance? Are you sick of working shifts? Have you become despondent working weekends? Well Westray Recruitment Consultants has just the position for you.
We are seeking a Time Served, Electrically Biased Maintenance Technician to work day shift for a high volume manufacturing specialist based in Washington. This position affords you the chance to be the master of your own destiny as you will be the sole site based Electrician and you will be supported by a budding team of Mechanically Biased Maintenance Technicians.
You will use your expertise as an Electrical Maintenance Technician to undertake fault finding and diagnostic duties upon a wide variety of special purpose, high volume, manufacturing machinery. This is a state of the art facility enabling you to work with the latest advancements in machine technology with available external warranty support agents in place to help provide further advice and support in the role. We are looking to recruit a self-starter, a natural problem solver and someone with a wealth of electrical knowledge.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, the Electrical Maintenance Technician will carry out the following duties:
- Carry out planned maintenance activities as scheduled by the maintenance plan
- Attend and repair breakdowns as required, and report all actions carried out and any further actions required
- Report in a comprehensive manner, all work activities carried out on a daily/shift basis
- Be proactive in preventing equipment failures and improving overall equipment performance by generating and implementing ideas and modifications
- Provide a service that meets agreed service levels, including minimising downtime and communicating effectively with relevant personnel
- Provide a service that meets standards, whilst maintaining standards of housekeeping
- Maintain and help improve health and safety standards and ensure that staff work in a safe environment by eliminating, minimising and controlling risks to themselves and others
- Cooperate with contractors and as far as possible ensure their adherence to site rules
- Undertake training as required to further enhance individual’s skills and knowledge so that the level of support to the front line operations remains effective and efficient
- Train others if required so that they are able to carry out their expected work duties to the required standards
- Identify performance issues and implement appropriate and pragmatic solutions through the use of problem solving skills, tools and techniques
- Responsible for the electrics in the whole building
- In consultation with the appropriate personnel, be able to correctly prioritise the work load for the overall benefit of the site performance
- Must be able to work to agreed deadlines where necessary
- Must be willing to work under the guidance of departmental and site KPI’s to maximise business performance
- Be on-call one weekend in 4 between the hours of 6.30am and 22.30pm
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
For the Electrical Maintenance Technician, the successful candidate will be:
- Educated to HNC standard (or equivalent) or higher in Electrical Engineering is essential
- Time-served with electrical bias to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent)
- Post apprenticeship, preferably in a high speed, high volume manufacturing environment (plastic packaging environment an advantage)
- A proven practitioner of preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, problem solving and continuous improvement skills
You will also have the following skills:
- Must have a proven ability in diagnostic fault finding under pressure of production
- Must have proven experience in PLC Control systems, and PLC fault finding experience in servo drivers and RS Networks (including Ethernet, DeviceNet communications)
- Familiarity with the use of PC equipment is essential
- Proven experience of working with the AB PowerFlex range of AC Inverters
- Familiar with TPM principles including 5S. Use of computerised maintenance management systems, but not essential
- 17th/18th Edition certification for electrical work
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of team
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
The standard hours of work are 10am – 6pm. In periods of peak production you may have to work 6am -2.00pm or 2.00pm until 10pm but this will be on the rare occasion to cover holiday pay.
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
- £28,080 (£13.50 an hour)
- There is also a small standby allowance for on call and a minimum of 2 hours day for any call out
- Auto-enrolment Royal London Pension (currently 5% employee & 3% employer)
- Health Shield plan covering dental, optical, physio
- Life Assurance 1 x Basic salary
- Single rate over time opportunity
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to our Engineering Manager Tony Hutchinson who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Tony on 0191 492 6622 or via email at [email protected]