ARE YOU A DEVELOPMENT / DESIGN ENGINEER LOOKING TO RELOCATE?
Delve into Durham's amazing history and see the past come to life at award-winning attractions, enthralling experiences and amazing events. Known for its awe-inspiring Anglo-Saxon cathedral and castle and bustling City life.
Take a tram ride back in time to experience the amazing Beamish Museum, one of the largest open-air museums in the UK.
Or you may want to take a walk in the beautiful Durham Dales or a stone’s throw from North Yorkshire Moors.
As well as amazing house prices we have a hub of OEM and Tier 1 Automotive companies.
WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING?
A global manufacturer within the automotive industry is looking to recruit a Development Design Engineer to work at their renowned site in County Durham. This well-established, reputable organisation has an excellent reputation within the North East and across the world and so this is a great time to join a thriving, fast-paced manufacturing business. They are looking to appoint someone ASAP, so if you are interested and feel you meet the below criteria, please do apply!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- To provide design, management & complex engineered solutions to manufacturing concerns. Typically to values of up to €5M with a specific focus on assembly automation and systems.
- To work within a small team of professionals developing bespoke manufacturing solutions to technical challenges incorporated with all manufacturing product groups.
- Liaises with local teams to understand where engineered solutions to manufacturing concerns are needed and agrees Service Level Agreement (SLA) in line with budget provisions & available resource.
- Supports up to six customer project visits per year in accordance with individual requirements, demonstrating a highly confident professional manner.
- Manage capital budget expenditure for assigned project activity, to ensure adherence to >95% vs approved budget, often to values greater that €1M.
- Takes full ownership for mechanical installation works, liaising with local teams, contractors & HSE teams alike to ensure schedules are adhered to.
- Maintains a minimum monthly update on engineering progress with key stakeholders, specifically lead engineers, department manager and other seniors as workload dictates
- Manages new equipment build with local technician(s), giving clear instructions to enable works to be completed.
- Manages and maintains an accurate log of order/delivery and cost tracking for all project items and reports out variances at department monthly / quarterly reviews, typically covering over 500 items.
- Management & responsibility for prototyping within specific product group, covering all prototyping & manufacturing tooling for the assembly process, covering four or more new types per year.
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- Ideally, you will have a minimum of 5 years of Design Engineering experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- NVQ level 4 or equivalent in management
- Recognised mechanical engineering apprenticeship.
- Fully conversant with APQP project management systems and application.
- Advanced level in 3D CAD capability and able to prepare a full package of design drawings, from GA to a full components level for a turnkey installation.
- Full working knowledge of CE & PUWER regulations, and their application to new, used and upgraded machinery, being able to articulate requirements to both plant & vendors alike, together with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Capable of preparing detailed vendor quotations & specifications for new equipment including; M&E works, performance & quality requirements, safety, training, installation & pass-off.
- Fully understands and is able to construct Risk Assessment & Method Statements as required working with HSE teams where necessary.
- Extensive experience of sub-contractor management & supervision with the confidence to challenge where standards fail to meet expectations.
- Working knowledge of pneumatics & hydraulics systems.
- Capable of working from 1st principles to design, specify, supervise construction and fully commission bespoke machines for integration to production facilities.
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
This is a permanent position working 9.00am 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
This role offers a competitive package and pension contribution.
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go directly to our Engineering Consultant Adam Pearson who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch withAdam on 0191 492 6622 or via email at [email protected]