WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
Westray Recruitment Group is looking to recruit an Assistant Site Manager to work within a high volume, plant-based setting. This is a permanent role based within Sharpness, Gloucestershire.
They are a leading manufacturer and distributor of fertilisers to the agricultural sector throughout Great Britain. This organisation has a healthy order book, are a growing organisation and truly are a well-regarded and respected employer of choice. In addition to ‘standard’ fertilisers, the company is committed to developing innovative and technologically enhanced crop nutrition products and services with the objectives of improving crop yields, crop quality and farmer returns. Key to their strategy is a continuous programme of innovation and product development aimed at improving nutrient efficiency and farmer returns on fertiliser.
The position requires a dedicated, conscientious and motivated individual with the ability to perform in all site operational elements of the business, working with and supporting the Site Manager in achieving the company site. You will be working within a recently refurbished site and alongside the Site Manager, you will have the autonomy to make decisions and truly shape the successes of the business.
To be right for this role, you’ll possess strong leadership & man-management skills, as well as a mechanical acumen and be able to effectively manage a small production team. You will without doubt be hands on and have a flexible attitude towards work.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- Working closely with the Site Manager, you will confidently communicate with, motivate and assist all those on site to achieve optimum production targets, despatch volumes and other measurable KPI’s & SPI’s
- You will take accountability for the plant and ensure its smooth operation
- You will hold a mechanical skill set to conduct minor repair work, tool changes and deliver 1st line machine maintenance
- This is a hands-on role supervising the production and site team in operating efficiently and effectively, whilst being safe and controlled
- Monitoring all aspects of daily site operations whilst taking ownership for the care of the site and both fixed and mobile plant
- Managing and leading a small team of Production Operators (up to 15) towards the achievement of production targets
- Delivering all “soft HR” responsibilities including recruitment & selection, training & appraisals, grievance and discipline, holidays and absence, etc. You will work diligently to develop the team
- Dealing with haulage firms, external contractors and customers, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction
- Office work is required too, working alongside and the Site Manager and the wider office team both on site and nationally.
- The ability to trend and analyse data and undertaking continuous improvement initiatives
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- Previous Supervisory experience and a strong mechanical aptitude is an absolute must
- Production experience or experience in a fast-paced working environment including planning and efficiencies is key
- Candidates who have worked with in industries such as bulk handling, agricultural, aggregate production, dockyards and port management will be preferred
- Knowledge of stock control will be preferred; active participation in monitoring and maintaining accuracy of stocks
- Experience operating mobile plant including counterbalance fork lift trucks, front end loading shovels, telehandlers, MEWP’s (training can be provided)
- Engineering or mechanical aptitude with the ability to undertake plant preventative maintenance and repairs and to select and control contractor
- IT literate; in Word, Excel and/or other Microsoft operating systems
- Working to, managing and monitoring company quality control systems.
- Good foundation knowledge in health, safety and compliance ensuring that company health and safety obligations are met
- Team player and a good communicator at all levels of the business
- The successful candidate would need to cope well under pressure and have a flexible attitude, also due to the seasonal nature of our business, be prepared to work the hours required to fulfil the requirement of the role
- The ability to motivate workers towards the achievement of production targets
- A continuous improvement mind-set and someone who displays passion and commitment to their work
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
This position centres on a 40-hour week. It is a permanent role from day one. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 7am-4:30pm. However due to demands of production and especially within peak seasons, candidates must be flexible with regards start and finish times.
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
- This role pays circa £28K per annum
- Entry into the auto enrolment qualifying pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Lifestyle benefits/discounts and inclusion onto the Employee Assistance Programme
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to our Engineering Manager Tony Hutchinson who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Tony on 0191 492 6622 or via email at [email protected]