WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
Westray Recruitment Group is seeking an experienced Assembly Shop Supervisor to work for our manufacturing client based in South Tyneside. This is a permanent role, centring on day shift hours and affords the successful candidate to join an established business with its manufacturing roots tracing back just shy of 60 years
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- The planning of production in line with the overall production plan
- The cost-effective deployment of resources (labour and material) to achieve that plan
- Ensuring that all necessary components are available to meet production requirements
- Reacting to situations as they arise in order to achieve the company’s objectives
- Maintaining discipline including time keeping, absence etc. of subordinates
- Communicating in a clear and timely fashion
- Supporting both subordinates and more senior management positions
- The ability to deputise for the charge hand in the event of absence.
- Undertaking any reasonable request made by the management
- To work the overtime required to achieve the company’s expectations
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- Previous person management experience, ideally gained in a manufacturing environment. Ideally this experience should have been gained in a medium/ large assembly manufacturing organisation.
- Paint shop experience would be advantageous.
- Must possess good Quality awareness and Health and Safety standards
- Must not be afraid to accept responsibility.
- A good, clear, concise communicator and excellent motivator
- Must be a decision maker and willing to act on own initiative
- Must be literate and numerate.
- Must have experience of maintaining discipline
- Must be able to work the necessary overtime.
- Must be proactive, looking for improvements etc. Ideally with some Continuous Improvement, Lean, Kaizen experience.
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
Basic 39-hour week. Monday & Friday 8am - 4pm, Tuesday to Thursday 8am - 4.30pm.
Overtime: Tuesday to Thursday 4.30pm - 6pm Total 4½ hours
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
This is a permanent role from day one. The earning potential of the role is anywhere between £24K - £28K depending on available overtime.
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to our Engineering Manager Tony Hutchinson who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Tony on 0191 492 6622 or via email at [email protected]