WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
We have the pleasure of working with a leading global automotive manufacturer who fully invests in their employees and who hold honesty, hard work and trust at the forefront of their corporate approach. We`re searching for an experienced Aluminium Casting Process Engineer who will be responsible for the development of aluminium casting components during the chassis design development phase. Our client believes that promoting the personal and professional development of employees in future brings the fulfilment of business objectives. With a longevity of over 20 years in the automotive manufacturing industry, our client can offer a highly sustainable and progressive working environment.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- Responsible for development of aluminum casting components during the chassis design development phase, where she/he will have to guide design team towards the most efficient casting design
- Responsible for manufacturing feasibility assessment of the aluminum casting components
- Responsible for selection of best technology for chassis manufacturing – gravity, LPDC, HPDC, Squeeze Casting, etc.
- Responsible for development of optimal process flow for the casting manufacturing
- Responsible for interaction with final OEM during development of chassis assemblies – understanding and transferring requirements to the development team
- Responsible for interaction with casting suppliers
- Responsible for supporting supplier development activities
- Responsible for costing the developed casting process in coordination with the Costing department
- Prepared to travel and support global casting activities in Asia, North/South America and Europe
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- Casting process – specially on low pressure casting processes but high pressure knowledge is highly appreciated
- Excellent understanding of metallurgy and alloy designation and applications for critical casting components
- Experience within castings manufacturing environment, problem solving in quality and delivery
- Experience in tooling design and costing to support supplier negotiations
- Experience in proving specific performance requirements » test and approval process
- Understanding of capacity planning and impact on capital expenditure management (volume split verses tool design and cycle time)
- Automotive or Aeronautic sector
- Chassis or structural parts knowledge
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
This is a full time permanent position working day shift consisting of 39 hours per week. You will be required to work overtime and on the weekend as and when requested. The role is based in Newton Aycliffe and our client is offering excellent career progression opportunities.
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
The salary for this role will be between £38,000 - £42,000 based on experience, along with excellent company benefits.
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to our Engineering Manager Tony Hutchinson who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Tony on 0191 492 6622 or via email at [email protected]