A fast-paced, high-volume production based company based in County Durham is looking to appoint a Senior Buyer to work alongside their Planning team.
This is a chance to join a leading manufacturing company who continue to be recognised as a leader in their industry.
As a Buyer, you will be responsible for managing the day to day procurement of outwork across the business.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE
- Manage a detailed supply chain plan for each assigned project in line with the organisational and procurement strategies and report on progress of such projects to the relevant stakeholders
- Identify the most appropriate supply route for each project in order for requirements to be procured in the most effective and efficient manner
- Control the project supply chain actions whilst managing the supply chain risks to secure the supply route appropriately
- Negotiate clear, robust and favourable terms and conditions in an appropriate contract
- Creating and developing collaborative strategic supply chain relationships to ensure project flows are streamlined
- Provide analysis on project procurement costs and review opportunities to identify cost saving initiatives
- Assess market trends and conditions so that strategic plans can be implemented accordingly
- Implement lean procurement techniques throughout the project process so that resource utilisation is maximised
- Focus on continuous improvement during all aspects of the project process to ensure maximised efficiency and productivity
The successful candidate will demonstrate some of the following attributes:
- Supply Chain experience
- Good understanding of importing and exporting paperwork and processes
- Proactive in planning an problem solving
- ERP system knowledge
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
You will receive a salary of around £30,000 - £35,000, dependent on experience.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
If you are interested in this position then please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Elliot at 0191 492 6622 (option 4). Alternatively you can send your CV to [email protected] for review and our Westray Commercial Team will be in touch.