What company will you be working for?
We are seeking an experienced Associate Engineer to be based in our client's London office with the ability to inspire others.
We are seeking candidates who have experience ina lead role in detailed design and management in mission critical and data centre projects.
You will have a proven track record in project management delivery for large projects.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, a wealth of experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations.
What will you be doing?
You must be able to identify and develop new opportunities, in addition to having expert technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and be capable of incorporating those technologies into the sector portfolios. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in consultancy and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years’ industry experience.
- Responsible for running of major projects.
- Experiencedin the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for mechanical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc.
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of fee bids
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client or others.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represent the company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Ensure engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with, and provides advice to client
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation
- BEng in appropriate engineering discipline or have sufficient equivalent experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered Eng status
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Significant experience of specification design for a range of building types
- Sound knowledge & working application of key health and safety issues and legislation
- Appreciation & working knowledge of contract & business law
- Knowledge of MS office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use it based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of bs standards/ UK regulations/codes
- Experience and understanding of invoicing and credit control
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Leadership & mentoring skills
- Presentation skills
WOULD YOU LIKE TO FIND OUT MORE?
Call us now and speak to Joe Rowan on 0191 492 6622 and send your CV to [email protected]