WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
Westray Recruitment Consultants is working on a fantastic opportunity with a leading North East Managed IT Service Provider for a 3rd Line Support Engineer. You will be joining a team of highly skilled professionals in Gateshead and be part of an award winning organisation who has experienced consistent growth and success since their creation over 10 years ago.
Our client prides themselves on supporting the technical and professional development of staff members. You will receive excellent company benefits, including a competitive salary, a great health plan, discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers and more!
This is a really exciting time to join an amazing business who highly appreciate and invest in their employees, apply now or get in touch to register your interest.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
As a 3rd Line Support Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
- Diagnose and fix critical IT issues on the following technologies; Windows Server, VMware, Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, Mitel, Citrix, Cisco, SAN/ISCSI and RDS
- Utilise efficient communication skills to liaise directly with customers regarding technical issues
- Identify reoccurring technical faults and recommendations to the escalations manager
- Incident management and problem management – creating, determining and resolving root causes of incidents and developing permanent resolutions
- Assist 2nd line team with incident diagnosis and fault resolutions
- Take ownership of major system outages
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for all assigned technologies
- Participate in change management activities to ensure change requests are completed in line with company guidelines
- Participate in knowledge base management to ensure the accuracy and relevance of submitted articles
- Provide detailed support and end-user documentation for existing environments
- Provide an outstanding customer service when carrying out technical support activities
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
To be successful in the role of 3rd Line Support Engineer you will have the following experience/skills:
- Solid experience of working in a 2nd line support role
- A strong understanding of networking, Microsoft products and virtualisation
- Experience of supporting and resolving technical issues for the following technologies; Windows Server, VMware, Mitel, Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, Citrix, Cisco, SAN/ISCSI and RDS
- Ideally you will have the CCNA qualification, but this is not essential
- Good knowledge of VMWare Virtualisation, Mitel, Citrix and Microsoft Server and Exchange.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability
- A strong understanding of general server, storage and networking technologies
- Integration skills and working with different departments (Provisioning, First line, Customer services)
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Strong communication skills and documentation skills, as well as being highly customer focussed
- You will be highly motivated and will be a strong team player, but have the initiative to work independently
- The ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
The 3rd Line Support Engineer role is based in Gateshead and you will work a 37.5 week comprising of hours within a 7am to 7pm rota. Travel to client sites across the North East approximately once every 2 weeks, potentially more, candidates will need to demonstrate flexibility, also weekend and evening work may be required.
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
For the 3rd Line Support Engineer role, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £32,000 depending upon experience. You will also receive excellent company benefits, including the following:
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Corporate travel discount
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Health plan including: eye care, dentistry, physio, 24 hour employee assistance
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to our IT Consultant Katherine Rivett who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Katherine on 0191 492 6622 or via email at [email protected]