WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
Would you like to work for a business which makes premium glass products for the construction and commercial office fit-out industry?
We have a vacancy for a line production operative for a prestigious client in Pelaw, Gateshead.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- To undertake quality inspections of finished products prior to dispatch & delivery.
- To be able to demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety requirements and expectations in a flat glass production environment.
- To demonstrate knowledge of correct manual handling techniques.
- The published maximum hourly rate shown includes an attendance and productivity bonus. The applicant must be prepared to work overtime when workloads are at peak levels and flexibility in this regard will be viewed as a positive factor.
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
The applicant will ideally have a minimum of 1 year's experience ( not essential ) in some or all of the following tasks: -
- Unit line assembly on a manual insulated glass production line including Georgian Bar assembly skills
- Hot melt application using a hot melt gun
- Finishing and edge taping of insulated glass units
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
- The job is based on a 40 hour week from Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.
- The role is based in Pelaw, Gateshead.
- Possibility of both day shift and night shift.
WHAT BENEFITS WILL YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
- On-site parking
- Bonus scheme
- Salary: £8.91 per hour
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to Amy who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch 07803 624538