WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
Would you like to work for a business which makes premium glass products for the construction and commercial office fit-out industry?
We have a vacancy for a Lead and Decorative Production Operative for a prestigious client in Pelaw, Gateshead.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- To undertake quality inspections of finished products prior to dispatch & delivery.
- To be able to demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety requirements and expectations in a flat glass production environment.
- To demonstrate knowledge of correct manual handling techniques.
- The published maximum hourly rate shown includes an attendance and productivity bonus. The applicant must be prepared to work overtime when workloads are at peak levels and flexibility in this regard will be viewed as a positive factor.
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
You will be a specialist in the application of lead, decorative bevels and coloured films to single glazing and to glazing that is being assembled into insulated glass units.
You must have experience in all of the following:
- Precision application of lead strips to glass in a variety of formats including square leads, diamond leads and Elizabethan leads.
- Precision application of decorative bevels and coloured films to glass.
- Flat glass handling and insulated glass unit handling.
You must also possess a good knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety requirements and expectations in a flat glass processing and unit line production environment.
Awareness and understanding of BS 1279 quality inspection/control requirements would be an advantage, however training can be given with regards to this.
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
- The working week is usually 40 hours from 8am to 5pm and there are usually good opportunities to work overtime including Saturday mornings.
- Overtime is a key part of the job and flexibility to work additional hours to meet our production schedules is important.
- A monthly attendance bonus is also payable as well as a productivity bonus.
WHAT BENEFITS WILL YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
- On-site parking
- Bonus scheme
- Salary: £9.67 per hour
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to Amy who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch 07803 624538