Westray is searching for a Forklift Truck Driver / Warehouse Operative who holds a valid Counterbalance and Reach Forklift Truck Licence. Our client is a global supplier responsible for design, development, manufacture, and sales of auto parts. Working within the northern regional warehouse, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a small and extremely friendly team, where management support is second to none and where you will become an integral part of the warehousing operation.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- As Forklift Truck Driver / Warehouse Operative, you will report to the Warehouse Supervisor and be responsible for the receipt of parts, offloading wagons and allocation of stock to correct locations, using both Reach and Counterbalance forklift trucks
- You will be responsible for driving a 7.5 tonne truck to deliver parts to a major customer, and this will be a regular requirement of the job role
- Using a computer to input and update part numbers. Training on the system will be provided
- Actively participate in all improvement activities and develop as an operational team member.
- Undertake any other ad hoc duties as and when required
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- For the Forklift Truck Driver / Warehouse Operative role you must hold a valid Counter-Balance and Reach Forklift Truck Licence.
- A 7.5 tonne driving license is essential
- A CPC certificate would be extremely beneficial, although not essential.
- Computer literacy would be advantageous although full training will be given on the in-house system
- Good communication skills are essential for this role, as you will be liaising with a major customer when delivering parts
- This is a great opportunity to gain stable, long term and potentially permanent employment with a great business based in Washington. The staff within the business are extremely friendly, warm and welcoming and will make you feel part of the team from the outset.
For the Forklift Truck Driver / Warehouse Operative role you will receive a competitive pay rate of £8.50 per hour
HOURS OF WORK
- 6.30am to 3.00pm Monday to Thursday, 6.30am to 1.00pm Friday
- 8.30amm to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 3pm Friday
- Shifts will rotate on a week by week basis
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for the position and your CV will go directly to our Industrial Consultant Amy Laidler. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Amy on 0191 492 6622 or via email at [email protected]