WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
A well-established, experienced and multi-discipline contractor, our client combines proven technology, quality and safety with global capabilities in Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning to deliver comprehensive and value-engineered solutions to customers in the hydrocarbon, petrochemical and energy industries.
Our client has an engineering and contracting pedigree dating back over 200 years. Over the last 40 years, they have developed specialist expertise in the storage and handling of liquefied gases in cryogenic, low temperature and pressurised forms.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- Responsible for implementation, operation, support and continuing development of the company’s Information Technology Systems and Infrastructure.
- Ensure that the company’s IT Systems and Infrastructure meet and exceed agreed performance, availability, quality and legality standards.
- Participate in the Help Desk and Operations functions of the department, and ensure that all requests for assistance (for both hardware and software problems) are dealt with promptly.
- Liaise with departments operating IT systems, and deal with installation of hardware, new systems and software packages.
- Maintenance, support and development of new and existing IT systems.
- Appraisal of new systems and advice on hardware/software enhancements as required.
- Ensure relevant IT standards are applied and necessary documentation is produced and maintained for all systems
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- Suitable knowledge and experience in the implementation, development and support of ICT systems.
- Must have experience of Microsoft Windows XP & Office 2003/2007 environments.
- Experience of administering and supporting Windows 2003 Server and Microsoft Exchange
- A good understanding of the future direction of I.T.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Capacity to deal effectively with company departments, outside bodies and system suppliers.
- LAN & WAN support skills, Windows 7, Office 2010
- Helpdesk management skills
- Citrix skills
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
Contract: 6 Months temporary with a possibility of a permanent offer thereafter
Hours: 40 hours per week, Flexible
Core Hours are: 10-3 Mon-Thur and 10-1 Fri Office is open 7am – 7pm
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
£18 – 20K pro rata
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to Laura McIver who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Laura on 01642 612600 or via email at [email protected]